Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pre-Settlement Date

Our PM called this morning with our pre-settlement date which will be 4/29.  He said our closing is typically 2 days after, and since 4/29 is a Friday, that means we are most likely looking at 5/2 for closing which is right about where we were told it would be initially.  The good thing about our closing date being so early in the month is I believe our first mortgage payment won't be due until 7/1, but I could be wrong about that. 

I plan on doing a drive-by soon since the siding was supposed to be delivered today.  They probably haven't started it yet, but I'm going to check anyway.  I also would love to see the inside once the drywall is up (which should be complete by this Friday).  Has anyone requested a walk-through with their PM prior to your pre-settlement?  I don't want to annoy them, but since I can't get in anymore on my own, I can't imagine waiting until pre-settlement to see the progress they are making on the inside.

6 comments:

  1. As a matter of fact I just made an appt this saturday...Our pre-settlement walk through is on tuesday and my hubby wont be able to make it soooooo saturday we will be going through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you can get a key from your sales office, but they still might want someone to be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From other blogs, it seems like the PMs are more than happy to take you over to your house just about anytime you want. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a pre pre-settlement, but we we were in the house frequently. We just picked up the key at the model. It was never a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes your payment will be due 7/1 with closing in May. We're closing the Friday after you and we wanted a July payment.

    Ask the rep to see your place. You're PM may or may not be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else about walking through. My fiance has been able to stop by whenever he wants and gets the key from our sales rep. We are closing in May also and yay for no mortgage payment til July!!

    ReplyDelete