Sunday, April 10, 2011

Updated Pics - Cabinets, Railings, Flooring...

I went over to the house yesterday to get a few pictures of the back and to my surprise, it was unlocked, which was both a pleasant surprise and a concern.  I'm glad I was able to get access and look around, but also surprised that in this stage any random person could let themselves in.  However, we don't technically own it yet, so I guess it shouldn't matter.  As you can see, they've made great strides.  The linoleum is in, as well as the tile floors upstairs.  All the cabinets and vanities are in as well.  Basically everything I had mentioned in my previous post.  It's just nice to actually see these things in place and it begins to give a good idea of exactly how everything is going to look and feel.  I took a peek at the basement and I'm glad I did.  There was a bit of water in there which took me by surprise. The sump pump isn't operable yet, but to this point we had no signs of water in there and I had thought to myself that if we would, it certainly would have appeared sooner than this with all of the melting snow we have had over the previous weeks.  Then I quickly realized that someone hadn't shut off completely the valve where the water comes into the house.  It was a steady leak that must have been happening for hours.  So if anyone from Ryan is reading this (and I know you are), there are some advantages to your customers breaking the rules!








10 comments:

  1. The pics all look great. I bet your heart sank when you saw the water...I know mine would have...and I am sure it was a huge relief to discover it was just a leaking valve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!! Looking good!

    What model is this again? This is the first one I have seen with stairs in that location. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am glad you found that it was just a leaky valve. See, there are advantages of us getting in to look at our houses! The pictures look great! It will be complete soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the water was an unpleasant surprise, glad it was just someone's laziness/oversight.

    Noey - It's a Ravenna. I'm told they are more popular in the South. There's only 3 or 4 built in my area here in NY. We are the only one in our development.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is looking good. I hope you brought up the water situation to your project manager. Pretty soon the house will be all complete then you will be all moved in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you found the source of the leak! Not cool!!! But everything looks like it's coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow everything is coming along nicely! Yes, I would have been VERY aggravated if I saw water in the basement, thankfully it wasn't something major. I love the ravenna model, when we were thinking of building in VA, that was the model we were going to select! The second level laundry and bonus room were surely eye catchers! Hopefully everything else is smooth sailing from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, I have heard of that model, just never seen it! =) Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Love the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete